New firmware 2.52 beta5 is available now!
-fixed problem introduced in beta4 with SBUS single input (not diversity).
-Added new statistics Watt*hour/kilometer (or mile)
-Improved current calibration with micro adjustment option
-fixed rounding error (-1%) for path travelled.
-Runway name extended to 3 characters
-servo unparking (and first initialisation after startup) is performed from parking position and with proper speed.
New firmware 2.52 Beta4 is available for all users.
There are two main functionalities added:
- RC diversity with two options available: Two CPPM receivers or SBUS and CPPM receivers. Diversity increases system reliability and fault tolerance.
- Configurable low pass filtering for Aux outputs, and pitch/roll output (mixer) for Aux outputs. This reduces RC noises impact on camera pan/tilt and allows to build simple/cheap servo gimbal (stabilisation) for video camera.
Note: This Firmware is not an official release yet and may have some bugs and do not work properly. Use it on your own risk.
As usual firmware is available from Download menu.
I’m pleased to introduce new distributor of our system in México:
We hope our new partner will make system more available to all customers in South and North America.
Firmware 2.52 BETA3 is available.
- New feature in OSD layout: minimap with airplane position relative to base
- Fixed bug in FPV_manager: latest changes in Google maps API causes former application to hang in Map page.
(No changes in Autopilot and GrounStation firmware).
Some people asked me to do OSD control to show airplane position relative to base. Just to know that airplane is north or west from base. Of course groundstation shows it on map screen, but OSD don’t. Eventualy I’ve decided to build such functionality in version 2.52bta3.
For this purpose I have extended existing “back to home” control, which shows runway (base) position relatively to airplane. Now, with new property [x] airplane location this control may show airplane position relatively to base (operator), like on paper map (north is up, and base is at the center).
Arrow icon shows airplane position relatively to base (center point), on picture above airplane is south-west. Arrow direction shows airplane course. On picture airplane flies north-west.
Today something was changed in Google Maps API and former versions of FPV_manger will hang when opening OSD::Map or Ground Station::Track page.
This issue is fixed in new FPV_manager v250c available on Pitlab’s website or here:
Firmware 2.5x is compatible with all OSD boards (v2.0, v2.1, v2.2 and v2.3).
Firmware 2.5x is compatible with all autopilot boards (v2.0, v2.1 and v2.2).
Firmware 2.5x is compatible with all Ground Station boards (v1.0 and 1.1).
Note: This is the last firmware version that will be compatible with OSD boards v2.0 and 2.1.
All future major releases will work only with board v2.2 and v2.3 (produced and sold since July 2013).
The FPV_manager can be used to determine the version of the OSD board if you are using bootloader version 1.2 or later. In the FPV_manager, hardware version 2 means v2.2, and value 3 means v2.3. Any other value (0 or “unknown”) means boards v2.0 or v2.1.
Figure 13 – FPV_manager with hardware and bootloader version
Alternatively, during OSD startup when using firmware 2.50, the hardware version is presented on the screen regardless of the bootloader version. The text (hw 2) means v2.2, (hw 3) means v2.3 and the text (hw 0) means boards v2.0 or v2.1.
Figure 14 – OSD screen during startup with firmware 2.50
New BETA2 is available (to download use link from download menu on the left).
BETA1 has two bugs which are fixed in BETA2 :
- changing circling radius did not work properly for V-tail airplane
- Magnetometer did not work properly
New firmware 2.52 beta1 is available for all testers.
Although we do our best to make this version free of bugs, this is still not stable version, but beta/test version for those who want to take some risk and test it with their equippment. We appreciate any feedback from your tests and flights.
Download ZIP file with firmware and short manual from here: Firmware 2.52 beta1
This firmware is compatible with all OSD/Autopilot/GroundStation boards (this same compatibility as firmware version 2.50).
At any time user may flash this version to his devices and then after tests flash back previous stable 2.50/2.50a version (available on www/pitlab.com webpage) without loosing any existing settings.
Although new version will keep all existing settings, for safety reason we recommend to make settings backup for all devices before upgrading firmware to version 2.52.
After long time of hard work final release 2.50 is ready for download on Pitlab’s web page:
I would like to thank the many people who participated in this version. Thanks to all of those who shared their fresh ideas and insisted on building them into our system. And thanks as well to the beta testers who risked their own valuable airplanes in order to stabilize the version and prove it works as expected – like Pompecukor and Zbipok to name only the most active testers.
Special thanks to my beloved wife, who not only tests each new feature during her FPV flights, but bears patiently my long working hours and all those phone calls from users.
Thank you all for the kind words about our system and support, which gives me incredible power for work on new features.
Many thanks to Bruce (xtrmtrk) who prepared beautiful manuals and translated them from my pidgin English into beautiful American English.
So enjoy the new version. Be safe. And be Free!
New release candidate 2.50rc3 is ready for download:
Changes in OSD:
- improved zero calibration for ET airspeed sensor
- Removed 5 digit (99999) limit for distance field display. Now after 99999 (meters of feets) OSD will display kilometers or miles with one decimal pont (e.g 123.4) .
- Bug fixed in LOS display for distances more than 50000 meters
Changes in Autopilot:
- In SBUS input mode conversion for output PPM allows for extended PPM range (+/-135%), and respects EPA settings.
- After startup AP moves rudder to the right for 0.5sec also in V-tail.
- Minor changes in altitude keeping algorithms, for low altitudes and landing
No changes in GroundStation.
Changes in FPV_manager:
- Logs from GroundStation were truncated after 2h40min
- Bug fixed for displaying distances more than 60.000meters