New version 2.62rc2 (release candidate 2) is ready for download – link for download is as usual on the left menu.
In this release some bugs are fixed:
- sometimes OSD overlay disappears for a short moment.
- Editing RC monitor in one layout may destroy settings for monitor on other layout.
- Wind course from pixhawk was reversed (180 degree)
- FPV_manager stores wrong altitudes to OSD when “Altitudes above” is set to “ground”
And some new functionalities are added:
- New options for user A2 input (pulse high time, pulse low time , period, freqency, duty)
- Added chackbox [x] always celsius in temperature field for some countries where imperial units are in use except temperature (e.g. UK, India, Austrailia, New Zeland)
- Automatic wake-up and re-initialisation of GPS in case of GPS errors during flight
- Added option [x]elevation in variometer field which shows current airplane elevation and current glideslope.
- Option to show consumed Wh (watt-hours) instead of mAh in battery capacity field
- Option [x] mute sound in variometer field
- Waypoint maximum altitude extended up to 2500 meters
- Autopilot’s maximum altitude limit for autonomous flight extended to 2500 meters
- Added throttle management in takeof functionality (cut off or limit throttle on ground and enable throttle after acceleration/speed detected), for hand lanuch of flying wing or catapult launch
- Added advanced altitude RTH/RTR mode with 3 defineable steps (initial circling up, flight level, flight down)
- Added option for alternative elevation service in FPV_management (in case of slow main server response)
First firmware 2.62rc1 with status “release candidate” is ready for download.
Release candidate means that all functionalities are completed and tested, and all known bugs are fixed. If no new bugs were discovered this version may become oficial release.
In this release:
-In OSD menu Service->GPS settings there is a new option GSP status, which shows detailed status of GPS. This option may be inoked also during flight.
-bug fixed in channel monitor, which also disturb wind assistant measurements.
-Added new RC channel monitor option for “centered” percentage indicator with range -100%….100% and zero at 1500 microseconds.
-Waypoint list for APM/Pixhawk shows now altitudes with proper type icon (relative, terrain or above sea level)
-bug fixed with too long post -flight info delay.
After many tests and response from beta-testers new firmware 2.62beta9 is ready.
-Faster autopilot’s response to mode change.
-Faster throttle response to AUTO mode change.
-Mountain mode initial circling radius is set to 100m (can be changed during circling by rudder stick)
-Fixed bug in course to base indicator for APM/Pixhawk
-Automatic magnetic course selection for APM/Pixhawk
-Fixed bug in symbolic RC channel names recognition (throttle/pitch/roll) for APM/Pixahwk
-In waypoint list now OSD presents azimuth/distance to next waypoint for APM/Pixhawk (like in MissionPlanner)
-Added option for clearing inactive buddy flight positions
-Added information about all buddy flight GPS positions (in BuddyFlight submenu)
-Faster buddy flight position refresh
-zoom submenu moved into layout
Firmware 2.62Beta8 is ready to download.
In this release:
Added total flight time (sum from all flights) in post flight statistics page. For FC this is time when FC is armed, for single OSD and Pitlab AP this is time from system start (or last store base before takeoff) till landing.
Battery capacity/cutoff is readed from FC (pixhawk/APM) at startup, reflecting last FC settings made by GCS. And selecting battery from OSD menu sets new capacity/cutoff to the FC.
In FPV_manager (page OSD ->settings) added options for reset/update odometer and total flight time. Important for those who transfer OSD/AP to another airplane.
Firmware 2.62beta7 is ready.
In this release fixed bug in airspeed compensation with altitude/static pressure change.
2.62beta6 is ready!
In this release some minor bugs removed, e.g. in auto post flight info and odometer calculations.
In ground station added new option for automatic baud rate scan/discovery for Bluetooth module
New 2.62Beta5 is ready, with new ACRO mode (OSD+Autopilot).
New ACRO options include:
-pitch and roll rate (degree/second)
-mode switch configuration for 3 or 4 position RC switch.
Additionally Autopilot manu is re-arranged to fit ACRO mode settings (RTH/AUTO options are moved into AUTO flight submenu in Autopilot menu
After fighting with some bugs in Mavllink2 protocol, new firmware 262beta3 is available.
Bug was discovered in OSD->Pitlab Autopilot data interchange (it may affect STAB/AUTO mode), but may occur also in OSD->Pixhawk cooperation and result in wrong data received by OSD.
Beta2 of mavLink enabled firmware is ready.
-Added menu for FC PID tuning (Basic)
-Added menu for FC Fence management
-Fixed RSSI bug when working with Pitlab Autopilot.
-Fixed bug in RC monitor settings imported from previous OSD version (2.60).
Note: RC monitor settings changed in layout designer in FPV_manager Beta1 need to be fixed/corrected in FPV_manager Beta2 to work properly!